Replacing your roof is not an easy decision, roofing material, company, and costs are just a few of the factors you will need to consider. You can use the roofing calculator
below to get a rough estimate of roofing costs per square foot depending on the type of roofing material.
It will display 3 figures; low, average, and high figures for the estimator tool. Costs can vary widely depending on how complex your roofing structure is, type of roofing material, overall slope, number of chimneys, sky-lights, taxes, permits, and other roof structures not listed.
Keep in mind this is a ball park figure & includes old roof removal, installation, and clean up.
How to calculate roofing costs:
When installing new roofing, there are many factors to consider when estimating price. Don't just look at roofing material, although a big chunk of the cost is the type of material, you also need to consider how many stories, the complexity of the roof, slope or pitch, how many chimneys, skylights, dormers, ridges, roofing company, geographic location, taxes, and permits as well.
When using the roofing estimator online tool remember that this is only just an estimation, and shouldnt be used as a real price quote. Use the other online form
to get live roofing quotes
from local contractors if you want live prices. This tool only uses ranges to estimate roofing prices by square foot.
Roofing costs above include:
- The cost of roofing material and transportation to/from the work site
- The Labor to remove old roofing
- Installation of the roofing, & clean up.
While useful, the online tool does not consider:
- Any damaged roofing/structure that needs replacement
- The roofing material quality from various brands
- Geographic location and the affect on price
- Any taxes or permits required to remove and install new roofing
- Any systems on the roof that may need to be replaced ...